Monday, August 20, 2012

What Controls You?

Ever wonder why you do the things you do; whether good, bad or indifferent; sin versus holiness?  I do.  Honestly, there are times I struggle to do what is right.  Good thing is, I hold myself to a very high standard of accountability; not only to myself but to the Lord.  Even so, there are times when I still do things I shouldn’t even though I know it won’t please God.   

I can’t tell you how many times my flesh wars against my spirit man.  Which battle I win depends on me.  If I’m honest with myself, I need to ask myself if I was prepared to fight the spiritual battle that would please God or please my flesh; a battle that comes to each and every believer at one time or another.  Have I taken the time to establish a relationship with the Lord; seeking Him with a true heart of repentance; feeding my spirit man with His Holy Word on a daily basis; being sure that I put on His full Armor, (Ephesians 6:10-18 NLT) which will protect me against the schemes of the enemy of my soul?  Or do I allow myself to become lazy in my pursuit to follow God; therefore giving full reign to Satan; allowing him and his vicious demons to lead me down a road of worldly desires; pleasures and ultimate destruction?  It’s not hard to see that clearly those are the times I allow myself to be controlled by my flesh instead of by the Holy Spirit.  And honestly, there are times I have to literally fight my flesh with fasting & prayer to overcome the battle within me; the desires to fulfill my weak flesh versus my spirit man warring to do that which pleases the Lord.   

The Apostle Paul tells us in Romans 8:5-8 NLT “Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.”

Let’s face it folks -
When there’s a fork in the road; one leading to death and destruction and the other leading to everlasting life, the decision we make on which road we take will determine our eternal life; Eternity with Jesus or Hell with Satan.   

Which road will you choose? 

It’s not too late to turn away from sin and make a fresh start with God! All you have to do is truly repent and turn away from sin and ask Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of your life.  Ask Him to renew your mind in Him according to His Word. He is faithful to meet you right where you are this very moment. Please don’t put it off until tomorrow.  Tomorrow could be too late.

But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.” 
Joshua 24:15 NLT

Be blessed my family & friends!
I pray you walk in the Lord’s total favor!
Love you all!

Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment