Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Jesus said, “DO NOT BE AFRAID”

A while back ago, during praise & worship at church one evening, I found myself telling the Lord that I was scared to face tomorrow because my flesh seems to be in constant war against my spirit man; my flesh; desiring things of this world; my spirit man desiring only the good & acceptable Perfect Will of God. I just kept saying over & over, “I’m scared! I’m scared! I’m scared”; knowing that only the Lord could hear me.  Shortly after, our music Pastor interrupted praise & worship to remind us all of a story about a synagogue ruler named Jarius who had a daughter that was dying. Jarius asked Jesus to come & heal his daughter. On their way back to Jarius’ home, they were met along the way and were told that his daughter had already died. Jesus said to him, “DO NOT BE AFRAID”.    Mark 5:35-36 (NIV)

I capitalized those words because that is exactly how it smacked me ever so gently in my spirit man; ”DO NOT BE AFRAID”.  Peace flooded my soul; knowing that although I may not be perfect in my walk and I trip up quite often, the Lord was already preparing the way ahead of me. He is truly amazing and I am blessed to serve the only 1 true living God!!!!!

What about you?  Are you yelling on the inside where no one else can hear you, ““I’m scared! I’m scared! I’m scared!”  Has fear gripped your heart and possibly crippled you spiritually?  Be encouraged; the Lord hears you!  We serve a risen Savior, Jesus!  It was He who conquered Hell and the grave!  Remember?  There is NOTHING too difficult for Him; not even what you may be facing today.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV) Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Be blessed my family & friends!  I pray you walk in the Lord’s total favor!

Love you all,


Cyndy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment