Thursday, November 14, 2013

TOUCH NOT GOD'S ANOINTED

Soon after posting my last blog, THE LITTLE CHURCH UP NORTH, someone asked my thoughts regarding the balance between not “murmuring” and resolving honestly dissenting opinions with leadership. And folks, in my opinion, there is a big difference in resolving honestly dissenting opinions with leadership and the murmuring that goes on in the pews and outside of the church.

First of all, leadership is there for a reason and I honestly believe we need to respect and honor those the Lord puts in authority; whether in a ministry or at work.  Romans 13:1-5 NLT tells us all authority is from God.  Secondly, according to Merriam-Webster dictionary, an opinion is nothing more than a belief, judgment, or way of thinking about something; what someone thinks about a particular thing and it is certainly not considered “fact”.

If the problem is with a particular leader of any sort, (Pastor or teacher), then, here is my stand on it; especially knowing they are called to a higher level of accountability. Preaching or teaching heresy is definitely a problem but should be handled biblically.   Matthew 18:15-17 is the biblical reference I would follow, although I believe these steps should be taken regardless of who it is. If I questioned something I would go to that particular person and ask them (in love) to clarify just in case I took something out of context. I know too well how I could misunderstand something.  Personal experience has shown me how easy it is for a person to speak out of “self”, especially when talking in front of a group of people.  It doesn’t mean they meant to speak it; rather self may have surfaced which happens to everyone since no man (or woman) is perfect.

If it’s about materialistic things like how the church is run, how it’s decorated or anything that has nothing to do with reaching the lost, I honestly can’t find anything that would support folks in the body of Christ to complain just because they don’t like something. Just because a person may or may not like something doesn’t make it right or wrong.  And it certainly doesn’t determine winning souls for the Lord, which should be our first and foremost mission as the body of Christ who claim to be Godly. 

Or maybe the way leadership brings on God’s word isn’t in agreement with someone else; but again, it doesn’t make it wrong.  We have no way of knowing how the Holy Spirit is working in others that may need to hear the sermon the way it was said or done.  Isn’t it best to reach even one lost soul in hopes they accept Jesus instead of being critical about something that adds no value or purpose to someone’s salvation?  As “seasoned Christians” it is our job to sit and intercede with expectation that not one lost soul would leave without making Jesus the Lord of their life.

Honestly folks, if I can’t respect someone in any type of leadership, then, I remove myself from under their leadership.  That includes my job, church ministry or the church all together.  In a church setting, it would be better for someone to leave and find a church that works for them instead of being partakers in causing separation or division and ultimately destroying the church.

Personally, I tend to tread very carefully when it comes to other believers; although honestly, not always successful.  The scripture that comes to mind is Psalms 105:15 where we are warned not to touch God’s anointed. As Christians, no man (or woman) has the right to decide who God anoints and who He doesn’t?  I’d rather err on not touching anyone (even verbally) versus being wrong and stand in judgment before the Lord. Just not worth it to me.

One thing I know for sure - Murmuring, bickering & gossip do nothing but destroy the church and the church family.  

On a final note; one day I was sitting and thinking about the church that closed and I sobbed like a baby before the Lord.  From that moment, The Holy Spirit kept encouraging me to write about it.  But with many attempts, I just couldn’t put it in a normal blog like I was hoping too.  Then one day the Holy Spirit told me to write it again, but this time He said to write a poem and so I did.  Every time I tried proofing the poem, I would break out in tears as I read the Lord’s response to the church.  Although a gentle rebuke, I do think the Lord is calling His children, all of us, to a higher level in unity in Him.

And folks, it really is that simple!

Be blessed my family & friends. Praying God's total blessings and favor pour over you with wisdom, knowledge & understanding as you continue to draw close to Him.

Love you all!
Cyndy

“Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God,” 2 Corinthians 1:21 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment