Saturday, March 8, 2014

AND THE SAUCE CAME TUMBLING DOWN!

When I do something.....whether good or bad.....I always seem to give it my all! And that's exactly what I did today.....started a pot of sauce early this morning and have been thrilled with the flavor as I tasted it throughout the day.  But oh no! I didn't just stop there. Because you see, when I put the sauce in containers, I wasn't quite paying attention when I attempted to cover it with a lid. As I put pressure on the lid, literally in slow motion, I felt and saw the container slipping off the counter and eventually make it's way to the kitchen floor! And of course....sauce flew all over the place as it splashed completely over me, hitting the bottom kitchen cabinets, the blinds above and even the ceiling.

As I stood covered in sauce, attempting to regain composure, the thought quickly occurred to me that sin is pretty much the same way. At the beginning, sin is normally fun.  But eventually.....the fun ends and there's a price to pay! When we try to conceal and cover our sin, the truth comes splashing all around us; hitting everything and anybody close by.  Funny thing though...When I looked at the sauce covering me a second time, I was immediately reminded how the Blood of Jesus covers a multitude of sin. And so it is....just as I was able to change into clean clothes, the same holds true about Salvation.  As we change our wardrobe from sin to redemption, the old sin no longer exists.

Good news!  Jesus already paid the price for our sin. All we have to do is admit we have sin in our lives and desire to be cleansed from it!  Then it's as simple as asking Jesus to forgive us. If you've never accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, what are you waiting for? Get rid of the sin covering you before it comes splashing down all around you.  Just ask Him....and Salvation is yours!!!

And now.....
"Grace and peace to you from the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come; from the sevenfold Spirit before his throne; and from Jesus Christ. He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world. All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us."  Revelation 1:4-5 NLT

Praying God's blessings and favor over you as you continue to draw close to Him!

Love you all!
Cyndy


http://www.biblegateway.com/blog/bloggergrid/  bgbg2




No comments:

Post a Comment