Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Ultimate Sacrifice

I’ve been studying all the old Leviticus laws and all the different sin sacrifices that had to be offered up to God.  Can't figure out how they could have kept all the laws straight back then.  It makes me wonder how many times they would break one of the laws while trying to perform another one. The sacrifice offered up had to be without spot or blemish and only certain animals could be used and accepted; depending on the type of offering it was going to be.  To be honest, I was completely overwhelmed just reading about all hoops people had to jump thru just to be forgiven of sin and then to “hope” it was acceptable in the presence of God. 

But then I thought about how God, in His love for man, decided on one final Sacrificial Lamb for the ultimate offering; His One & Only Begotten Son!  That is indeed the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; a love so pure and selfless; a characteristic I do not have within me.

You see, God made forgiveness or a fresh start with Him so simple and it's free for all of us; even though it cost a high price on His part; the death of His Son, Jesus.   

Romans 3:23-24 NKJV clearly states “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus”. So if you think you are without sin, think again.  “All” means everyone.  None of us can escape this truth.

But be encouraged and remember what it says in John 3:16 NKJV, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"  

Any person that believes that Jesus is the Son of God and accepts Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior will have ever lasting life.  Now that’s a long time….forever!

If you don’t have Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, it’s as simple as admitting to God that you are a sinner.  But in order to do that, you have to admit it to yourself first, which is sometimes the hardest part.  Don’t know about you, but there have been times I’ve personally denied that sin was prevalent in my life simply because I didn’t want to give it up and I found ways (and sometimes scripture) to justify my actions.  But manipulating scripture to appease or justify myself doesn’t change God’s Word and what it actually means.  Just doesn’t work that way.
 
But once you are able to admit it to yourself that you are a sinner, accepting Jesus is as simple as saying, “Jesus, forgive me of my sins; come into my life and give me a fresh start with You.  Today, I make You my Lord and Savior; trusting that You will lead me on Your road to everlasting life.”

And folks; it really is that simple!

Be blessed my family & friends and walk in the Lord’s total favor!

Love you all,

Cyndy  

No comments:

Post a Comment