Thursday, March 20, 2014

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!

Ever have those times when you wish you could pick up a phone and call someone no longer with us on earth? Well, I've been thinking about my Dad a lot lately, wishing I could call and get some of his great "Fatherly" advice. As I thought about certain doors closing in my life, I started to grab ahold of the fact that in reality, it is God who controls my destiny, not man. The more I thought about it, the more reality smacked me in the face. With tear filled eyes, I looked up and began to literally yell...."I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!! I'VE BEEN FAITHFUL IN ALL AREAS OF MY LIFE!!!!! I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!

And in a still small voice (and very calmly I might add) I heard The Lord say, "Really? You're going to throw a tantrum?" Ouch!!! Believe it or not, it was enough to stop me in my tracks. And then I realized what I had done. I yelled at God. And yes, I was throwing a tantrum just like a child with a parent. Filled with instant remorse, all I could do is cry all the more saying, "Oh God! It's YOU I’m angry with. Please forgive me!" He started reminding me of times my Dad would tell me no about something I wanted when I was young. Yet as I got older, I realized Dad was right all along. Being older and wiser, he knew what was best for his daughter; especially when I could not grasp beyond that moment. And in fact, doesn't the same hold true even more when it comes to our Heavenly Father? After all, He’s always available to talk to and He knows exactly what's up ahead.

As His peace flooded my soul and I sat quietly in His presence, the thought went thru my mind, “But, Lord, I still don’t understand.” And the Lord said, You don’t need to understand. You just need to trust Me.” And then He reminded me of Jeremiah29:11 NLT, “For I know the plans I have for you,”says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

Bottom line –
Do I now understand what lies ahead for my future? YES! GOD is in control and all I have to do is TRUST HIM! That my family & friends is all I need to understand. And the same holds true for you too! All you need to do is trust Him. Is it easy? NO, not always. But one thing’s for sure. Our Lord will not lie and His Word will not come back void.
Grab ahold of this folks and don't let it go!
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT

“It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it."  Isaiah 55:11 NLT

And so, my family & friends, I pray the Lord strengthens you and gives you peace; regardless of your present circumstance. I pray you trust Him as you continue to seek His face for wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Allow His peace to overshadow you this very hour as He pours out His complete blessings and favor to overflowing.
Remember, He is in control.
Love you all!
Cyndy

Check out Bible Gateway and know the scriptures.
http://www.biblegateway.com/











No comments:

Post a Comment