Friday, June 22, 2012

Cast All Your Cares on Him

Ever have one of those mornings where you were overwhelmed before your feet ever hit the floor as you crawled out of bed. Well, today has been one of those mornings.  With every ounce of zeal I had within me, I literally pushed myself out of bed; only to fall forward into my mattress and cry out, “Oh God, give me strength to get thru this day!” Then I literally did “one” push up off my bed as I attempted to stand on my feet again.  After getting ready for work, as usual, we started doing our morning devotions, which consists of reading a daily devotional, a few different chapters in the bible and then going to the Lord in prayer as a couple. 
I’ll tell you, the Holy Spirit sure doesn’t waste any time when He has something to say to you.  Well, as my husband read the daily devotional, the words permeated my heart.  The devotional was a gentle rebuke from the Lord; a little disciple if you will; a loving correction about my attitude these last few days.  Truth is, I’ve been feeling overwhelmed all week and totally unappreciated.  I know…Wha, wha, wha!  That’s basically what the Holy Spirit said to me this morning, as He called me to accountability of being in self pity.  He showed me that I was feeling so sorry for myself and I was running on the edge of basically “shaking my fist” in anger against Him.  My heart was grieved as I realized how I allowed myself to slip into such a place of discouragement.  And as is the Lord’s nature, He continued to remind me as we read thru His word on what I need to do instead of crying the blues in self pity. 

In 1 Peter 5:6-11 NIV, it says, “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.   Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.  And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.”
These few scriptures are packed with God’s clear direction. You see, He didn’t leave me just hanging there after He corrected me; He gently guided me to what He wanted me to do.

5 things; that’s it!

·         Humble myself under His hand  (remember my place is under His authority)

·         Cast all my anxiety on Him (all cares; all worries; not only a portion)

·         Be alert & sober minded (be clear headed)

·         Resist the devil (oppose or fight his lies of discouragement)

·         Stand firm in my faith (don’t waiver; plant my feet in my faith then I’ll be able to stand)

But that’s not all He said, because He also promised that He has a part that He will do too.

·         He will lift me up in due time (He will raise or elevate me)

·          He cares  for me (He thinks about me; I’m on His mind; I’m not just a speck in this world)

·         He will restore me (He will renew or mend me)

·         He will make me strong (He’ll give me the strength to go on)

·         He will make me firm (He will make me immovable against the ploy of the enemy)

·         He will make me steadfast (He will make me persistent, determined, dedicated to pursuing His righteousness)

There’s one more thing the Lord showed me thru these few scriptures.  He reminded me that I’m not the only one that experiences these types of trials.  He said that if you are one of His, then, you also go thru the same types of trials.  But rest assured, He didn’t lead me to this scripture so that I would hoard it for myself; that’s why I’m sharing it with you; reminding you that today, you too can find comfort in 1 Peter 5:6-11 NIV , just like I did.
Take heart!  We serve a God that has not forgotten us!

He is the God of all grace!
Be blessed my family & friends and walk in the Lord’s total favor!

Love you all!
Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment