Monday, June 11, 2012

Jehovah Jireh - My Provider!

The Mighty One, God the Lord, Has spoken and called the earth from the rising of the sun to its going down. Psalm 50: 1 NKJV 

I tend to be a sky watcher and this morning, on my way into work, I was admiring the hand of God; the way He causes the sun to rise; forming colors no artist could ever capture!  Then I gazed around at the trees and all that He formed just speaking it into existence.  But to be honest, just before I looked up to the Lord, I was thinking about how my weekend was far from restful.  I’ve been preparing for a baby shower gift for one daughter; while working on a wedding dress for another; and of course, the unexpected happened. Our water heater sprung a very bad leak. Needless to say, we’ve been without hot water for the last 2 days.  But I have to tell you, as I started to move my focus to the Lord and off of my circumstance; the Holy Spirit quickly brought an old song to mind that reminded me that He is in control.   Maybe you’ll remember this song from long ago and I pray it encourages you today as well.

Jehovah Jireh, My provider, His grace is sufficient for me, for me, for me! Jehovah Jireh, My provider, His grace is sufficient for me!My God shall supply all my needs; according to His riches in glory.  He will give His angels charge over me. Jehovah Jireh cares for me, for me, for me!  Jehovah Jireh cares for me!!!! (Don Moen)

When I arrived to work, I quickly looked up more scriptures to get me thru the day.   The Lord brought me to Philippians 4:19 KJV where it says,But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”  This scripture doesn’t say that man supplies my need; but God does!  He is my companion; my friend; my vindicator; my healer; my promoter; my encourager.  He is my provider!   And all I had to do to get His peace was look up to Him and get my eyes off my circumstance. 

So my friend, don't put your trust in man.  Take youre eyes off your circumstance and look up to God.  Put your trust in the only One that can meet your need; whatever it may be.  That One is none other than Jesus!

And remember what He says in Psalm 50:15 NKJV
 “Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.” 

Jesus is my “everything” and I would not want to live one day without Him!
I hope He’s your “everything” too!

Be blessed my family & friends and walk in the Lord's total favor!

Love you all!
Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment