Thursday, December 20, 2012

Fix Our Gaze

In light of my accident back in October, I sort of chuckled just a bit as I read the scripture “No harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.” Psalms 91:10-12 NIV

Immediately the thought ran thru my head, "Lord, where were the angels when I kicked the curb and went flying to the ground?"  And immediately the Holy Spirit reminded me that they were right there: shielding me from a fall that could have ended worse than what it did.  As a habit, I tend to walk fast and with a lot of determination. When my left foot hit the curb, I literally went flying fast & hitting hard! But by the grace of God, I could have broke my neck, hit my head or smashed my front teeth. Although I didn't escape complete injury, I am very aware that The Lord was still with me and His angels did shield my fall. And let’s face it folks, sometimes situations in our lives just happen.

As I face surgery this morning, I am reminded & encouraged of the story in Deuteronomy 31 NIV, when Joshua was given the mantle to lead the people into the Promised Land.  The Israelites were facing an enormous army that could have annihilated them with no problem.  But they didn’t face this army alone.  Moses reminds the Israelites not once, by twice that “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” 

So when you face situations in your life and you think the Lord has abandoned or forgotten you, be encouraged and hold on to His promises.  And remember 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 NLT  For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!  So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.”

Be blessed my family & friends.  Praying you walk in the Lord’s total favor!
 
Love you all!
Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment