Monday, January 21, 2013

WERE THEY ANGELS?


Back years ago my daughters & I went out to dinner with a friend of ours. As we stood in line waiting for our seats, an elderly couple came in and stood behind us. The couple looked frail and my heart immediately went out to them as they stood there waiting to be seated. And so I mentioned to my girls & friend that we should let them sit first. Our friend didn't agree and actually got mad at me. However, when the hostess approached us, I immediately told her to seat the elderly couple first. Our friend was not happy but soon got over it. When the next seat came up, we ended up sitting right behind the elderly couple. (I was hoping we would. There was just something about them that captivated my heart.)

After eating dinner, our friend left to use the bathroom. As my daughters & I sat there talking, the elderly couple got up to leave and stopped at our table. The man looked at me, smiled and said, "May The Lord bless you & yours!" And with that they left. I felt so blessed that night!

Hebrews 13:2 NLT tells us.....
"Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!"

I never did see the elderly couple again. But I've always wondered and even asked The Lord at times, "Were they angles?" And although I may never know, I do know this. When we left the restaurant, my daughters & I left more blessed than when we walked in. And unfortunately, our friend missed out on God's blessing that night.

So take time and show warmth, kindness or generosity to those around you.  That my friends is what hospitality is all about.

Don't miss out on God's blessings!

It's that simple folks!

Be blessed my family & friends! I pray you walk in the Lord's total favor!
Love you all!
Cyndy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment