Thursday, February 7, 2013

Out Give God? Impossible!!!!!!

A couple months ago, I was visiting with a friend I’ve known for many years. As we talked, I quickly realized she was bitter regarding her financial condition. As she shared her thoughts, it was obvious she didn’t understand the Lord’s biblical principles regarding finances. She complained that she pays her tithe but never receives financial blessings in her life and just didn’t understand why not. She also couldn’t understand why others around her seemed to be blessed quite often. Clearly she was very angry, jealous of others and discouraged to say the least.

In love, I reminded her that when people face financial difficulty, most likely it’s because they made wrong choices regarding their finances. And I asked her if she paid her tithe & offerings with a joyful or begrudged spirit?” I believe it does make a difference.

In2 Corinthians 9:7-8 NLT we are reminded by the Apostle Paul where he is speaking about love offerings to other believers where he says, “You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves a person who gives cheerfully. And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.” (Just to clarify, Paul was not talking about the normal tithe we are supposed to give back to God. Love offerings are over & above the normal tithe.)

I shared with her that I believe if we give to the Lord using a tightly closed fist, there is no way to receive the blessings He wants to give back to us. It’s impossible when a person’s hands are not opened to receive the blessing. This is a problem with some believers that either refuse to pay tithe & offerings or they simply pay out of obligation and possibly with an underlying anger towards God that only He can see. I went on to explain to her that in ways she was robbing God. Well that didn’t go over too well.

But I reminded my friend that God’s Word is very clear in Malachi 3:8-10 NLT where it says, “Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’ “You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

You see my friends….I love going to my home church& hearing the message that the Lord has for that particular day. But honestly….that’s not my favorite part of service. My favorite part is when I hear our pastor pray over our tithe & offerings and I see the offering bucket coming down our row. An excitement actually overwhelms my spirit man as I give back what rightfully belongs to my Lord.

The Lord doesn’t need your money. He already owns it all!

He’s not out to cause you hardship or pain.

His only desire is that you are obedient to His Word and that you trust Him and Him alone; not your money. Give with a joyful heart and open hands. Then be ready to receive the blessings He pours over you; more blessings than you could ever imagine or contain.

Truth is; a person can never out give God! It’s impossible!

Don’t believe me; see for yourself and let me know if you’re successful.

It really is that simple folks!

Be blessed my family & friends! I pray you walk in the Lord's total favor!

Love you all!

Cyndy


No comments:

Post a Comment