Thursday, April 25, 2013

Walk With Integrity

For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.  He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest.  He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to him.  Proverbs 2:6-8 NLT

Quite a while back, a past coworker shared a story with me about how they didn’t like their boss at their last job and so in an attempt to get even, that person and a coworker overbooked the hotel they worked at.  Knowing there would not be enough room once the guests arrived for the night, they both quit their jobs the same day this was set to happen; knowing their boss was none the wiser. This person laughed while telling me; as if it was something to be proud of.  My heart was grieved when I pictured the innocent people that ultimately paid the price for someone else’s wrong decision.  And I have to be honest when I say that person’s character or integrity spoke loudly that day.

The character of people tends to intrigue me! I am guilty of watching how others respond in any given situation.  Inevitably, I’m faced with searching out my own heart as to how I would have responded if it were me in that same situation.  And sad to say, there are times when I realize I would have responded in the same way; if not worse. And so I challenge myself to stay in check with the Lord; what His Word says and coming to the reality that only the Lord can help me make the right choices in life. Only the Lord can help me rise above offenses or heartaches others may cause me; whether knowingly or unknowingly.      

So many times I tend to forget about the offenses or heartache I cause the Lord.  Times I know He asks me to witness to someone and I don’t. Times He asks me to forgive someone and I struggle with everything inside of me to do it quickly. Or even times He asks me to go that extra mile to help or encourage someone and I allow other reasons to get in my way of doing what is right.  All of these things reflect my character and who I am in the Lord.  Am I perfect?  Far from it! Yet, my heart is set on doing what is right before the Lord. I know without doubt, that in my weakness, He is there to strengthen me along the way.  So I turned my mind to understand, to investigate and to search out wisdom and the scheme of things and to understand the stupidity of wickedness and the madness of folly.”  Ecclesiastes 7:25 NIV
 
How is your character these days? Need a slight character adjustment? 

Don’t beat yourself up over your weakness. Admit that you struggle in this area and trust the Lord to help you along the way.  Remember, Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice over 2000 years ago, when He was wounded for our transgressions. Yet He remained faithful in loving us; despite our sin and shortcomings and despite that He was innocent. Jesus’ integrity was never compromised; regardless of how He was treated.

Making a fresh start with the Lord isn’t just for salvation. Even though you may already be a Christian, there may be areas in your life where you simply just need to make a “fresh start”. I know I do. 

So what are you waiting for? Are you being tested in your integrity lately? Are you willing to trust the only One that is able to help you?  The Lord is more than able to help you submit completely to Him.  And I promise you, some of the things He asks you to do, may not come easy…..at first.  But as you seek to obey Him, you will find that total surrender to the Lord brings ultimate peace to any given situation.  Remember what we are told in Proverbs 10:9 (NKJV), “He who walks with integrity walks securely, But he who perverts his ways will become known.”

Be blessed my family & friends!  I pray that as you seek Him diligently, His total favor will overshadow you in every area of your life.

Love you all!
Cyndy

“Vindicate me, O Lord, For I have walked in my integrity. I have also trusted in the Lord; I shall not slip. Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; Try my mind and my heart. For Your loving kindness is before my eyes, And I have walked in Your truth. Psalm 26:1-3 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment