Tuesday, March 26, 2013

This Is the Way; Walk In It

Ever wonder if the road you’re on will get you where you want to go? So many times I’ve been guilty of taking the wrong turn, maybe ignoring the warning signs that said there would be a detour up ahead or simply didn’t plan my route before I headed out. I’ve even counted on my GPS to be accurate. But let’s be honest, even computerized mechanisms aren’t always dependable. And as you could probably imagine, it wouldn’t take me long to realize I was way off course. A bit frustrated and confused, I’d be forced to finally admit I was lost and I’d have to pull over to a convenient store or gas station to ask for directions. There are also times when I’d be on the right road, struggling to miss the pot holes in my path and inevitably I would hit one here or there; causing the rims of my tires to bend out of shape. Well let me tell you it’s not an easy or cheap fix when that happens.

I find it true in my spiritual walk as well. I could be chucking along a road, happy go lucky, just knowing I’m on the path the Lord has led me too. But sad enough, eventually it becomes evident that I’ve taken a wrong turn somewhere along the way and I find myself uncertain of my next step. And just like the bent up rims, if I’ve wondered off track too far and all alone, it can be a somewhat painful & costly experience as I get back on track, simply because I made choices along the way that were not in God’s perfect will for my life. And to be honest, sometimes, the detours just don’t make sense. It’s at those times that I have to trust that the Lord was protecting me from something up ahead. When this happens, I find it best to just stop and seek the Lord before going any further. I know without doubt that if I seek Him first and trust Him, He will give me clear direction on how to proceed.

What about you? Ever take a wrong road and find yourself just as frustrated? Let me encourage you today! If you’ve found that you’re on a road that is taking you away from God’s perfect will, just stop and don’t take another step. Ask God to show you what you need to do. Sometimes the direction the Lord wants us to go doesn’t make sense; maybe doesn’t appear to be a road that will take us where we thought we were going. Remember, that His ways are not our ways, but His way will always be the best way. That's why we need to seek Him first in all areas of our life.

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 NLT

This Is the Way; Walk In It

The road I’m on is blurry; can't see what's up ahead.
I try to hear Your still small voice and follow what You said.
It seems there are curves and road blocks, no matter where I turn.
Oh God, please give me wisdom and help me to discern.

I'm empty Lord, before You, as I bow before Your throne.
Please help me seek Your perfect will and not travel on my own.
Sometimes the road is scary; lack of faith has jarred my soul.
I need Your Holy Spirit, Lord, to restore and make me whole.

I know that You’ll be with me, walking closely by my side.
I trust I'm on the road You choose; not walking by mere pride.
Help me reach the lost & hurting; share Your mercy & Your grace.
Use me as an open vessel as I continue on this race.

Please always stand before me; help me follow what You say.
Lead me by Your Holy Spirit; then help me trust You and obey.
Pour out Your many blessings; Your favor like a stream.
Give Your servant brand new visions to fulfill my every dream.

©Cynthia E. Bagaglia-Wood - March 24, 2013

So be encouraged today. In the words from King Solomon, “Trust in the Lordwith all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.’ Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT

Be blessed my family& friends. I pray you walk in the Lord’s total favor!

Love you all!
Cyndy


"This Is the Way; Walk In It."  Isaiah 30:21 NIV
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment