Wednesday, August 21, 2013

HAVE YOU CONSIDERED MY SERVANT, JOB ?

Remember Job and the horrendous trials he faced? Here is an extremely wealthy man who feared and honored God and yet we are told that in a short matter of time, he lost everything he owned. If you ask me, this story is a bit overwhelming and wild to comprehend to say the least.

And so we are told that one day the Lord was sitting on His heavenly throne watching the angels come in when all of a sudden Satan rears his ugly head and let his presence be known. And when the Lord saw Satan, He asked him where He came from and Satan replied,“From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

Ok, so first thing we need to grab a hold of is clearly Satan roams the earth. But what totally blows me away was the Lord’s answer where He asked Satan, for no apparent reason I might add, “Have you considered my servant Job? Job 1:6-12 NIV  

Seriously? Have you considered my servant Job? Now.....I know most folks wouldn’t question the Lord, but yes, I need to admit, my first thought was, “Lord, really? Why would you allow such a thing?” I mean it's almost as if the Lord was dangling Job in front of Satan’s eyes; tempting Satan to snatch Job from the Lord’s hands.  I tend to believe since the Lord knew Job and his character; He already knew Job would remain faithful; no matter what. Satan’s response is almost comical because he understood the Power of God as he pointed out, “Does Job fear God for nothing? Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? Clearly Satan was admitting that he was limited since the Lord placed a hedge around Job.  

Grab ahold of this.... 
If the Lord has a hedge around you and your household, Satan IS limited.

Yet he continued by saying, “You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.” The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.” Job 1:9-12 NIV And the bible tells us that soon after, Job lost everything he possessed; including his servants, cattle and even his 7 sons and 3 daughters. We are told as one messenger would barely get done, the next messenger would bring Job more bad news. Yet, although Job was distraught, he still fell to the ground and worshipped the Lord saying, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.” In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrong doing. Job 1:20-22 NIV

Yet once again the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? However, this time Satan challenged the Lord, saying, “Skin for skin! A man will give all he has for his own life. But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.” The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life.” And so Satan afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the crown of his head. Job’s wife tried to get him to curse God so he could die. However, Job said, “Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said. Job 2:4-10 NIV

Job was in such bad shape that his friends didn’t recognize him. And yet he still found strength to proclaim, “I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!” Job 19:25-27 NIV

Was he distraught & upset? Absolutely! Did he curse the day he was born and wish God would just take him home? Yes! But he still remained faithful and didn’t blame God for what had happened. Wow! Talk about faith! Yet the story doesn’t end there, because we are also told that when the testing was done, the Lord restored Job with twice as much as he had; blessing his later years more than the past.

So you see my friends, in all this, God remained faithful!

Does it ever seem like you barely get done with one obstacle life throws your way and soon find yourself battling another one? Ever sit back and wonder what just happened or what may have caused the situation you’re experiencing? Regardless of your circumstance, did you know it didn’t come as a surprise to the Lord? If anything, I am convinced whatever you may be experiencing at this moment, didn’t come to light to you before passing by the Lord’s throne. And although there are times we bring calamity & destruction on ourselves simply because of the choices we make, I am equally convinced that we are no different than Job and there are times we are simply being tested.
I mean, picture it for a moment. Can’t you just see Satan lurking around the Lord, taunting Him about your faithfulness and desire to serve Him? Now can’t you just see the Lord saying, “Have you considered my servant (add your name here)?

I am convinced that we are not any different than Job? And I have no doubt that regardless of what you or I have been thru or what may be up ahead, it cannot come near us or our household unless the Lord allows it to happen. And I choose to beleive no matter what, THE LORD IS IN CONTROL.

And like the Lord was for Job, there is no doubt in my mind that the Lord will remain faithful to you & me as well; regardless of our circumstance. But just like Job, we need need to remain faithful and believe Job 42:1-2 NIV, where it says, "I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted.”

And most of all, we need to remember - God will remain faithful no matter what; even when we are too weak to stand!

Be blessed my family & friends. Lifting you up in prayer and standing in unity & agreement with you; that the Holy Spirit will move in your situation this very hour! Praying His favor will shine over you as bright as the morning sun!
Love you all!
Cyndy

"After this, Job lived a hundred and forty years; he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation.And so Job died, an old man and full of years." Job 42:16-17 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment