Thursday, April 3, 2014

A BIT OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE!

As I pulled into the Spotted Cow, a local ice-cream shop, the drive thru window was packed with a line-up of cars...and of course I entered thru the wrong drive. Determined to get my orange/vanilla swirl cone, I tried to inch my way into line, but the black car already in line forced itself ahead. But then I noticed the next car stopped to let me in line. As I got in line I said, "Lord, bless that person!" And without missing a beat, The Lord said, "YOU BLESS HER." My response was out of the norm because anyone that knows me knows I LOVE blessing others. But feeling way out of my comfort zone since I was in a drive thru for ice-cream, I quietly said, "But Lord, I have no idea who that person is and she may think I'm a bit whacked." And The Lord said again, "Bless her." Knowing my Lord's voice, I quickly said I would. But as I watched time tick away, I started getting a bit antsy and the thought kept whispering, "head home”, which was completely contrary to my Lord saying "Bless her." I quickly determined I was staying and was now on a mission to bless that lady and to obey God.

FINALLY!!! It was my time to order so I proceeded ahead. All I could think about was getting up to the window to pay for that lady's order. When I went to pay, I asked them to add that lady's bill with mine. When both bills were totaled, they looked at me, smiled and said, "You get $5.00 off your bill because your birthday is this month. Your total bill is $1.94." I was stunned!!!! I thanked them and asked them to tell that lady to have a blessed evening and the Lord blesses her. And I headed home....feeling blessed by The Lord simply because I obeyed His voice.
My point in all this is not to say, "Hey, look at me! I bought someone ice-cream!" But merely to say, if you know the Lord's voice, obey Him quickly! Don't disobey and sell The Lord short of a $5.00 ice-cream treat and risk missing out on the blessing He wants to pour out on you!

Oh and by the way...my birthday isn't for a couple weeks yet...so let's not age me before my time!
And just as a side note....
Being so excited to obey The Lord and bless that lady, I ordered the wrong thing for myself. I ordered an orange sherbet in a waffle cone....but I must say....it was indeed Moo-Moo-Lidious my family & friends! Simply Moo-Moo-Lidious!

Remember - We need to follow Jesus' example. He was the first One to give. And folks, He gave His all.

So I encourage you to "Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are His dear children." Ephesians 5:1 NLT

It's simple! "We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting Him, He endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now He is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.  Hebrews 12:2 NLT

Don’t know about you, but I look forward to hearing my Heavenly Father say to me one day, “Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master."  Matthew 25:23 ESV
I pray the Lord enlightens you, as you continue to seek His face for wisdom, knowledge and understanding. I trust He will pour out His complete favor and blessings; reminding you of His love and goodness towards all His people.


Love you all!
Cyndy


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment