Monday, April 28, 2014

DON'T RUN FROM THE LORD; RUN TO HIM!

Paul says in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."  Many would take this scripture to mean Paul could do whatever he wanted and God would give him strength.  But my family & friends, that's not the heart of Paul's message.  The heart of his message is that he learned to be content whatever his present circumstances were at any given time.

In other words, Paul did not allow any situation; good or bad to dictate his relationship with The Lord. Bottom line - Paul tells us he draws his strength through The Lord; which is only done by drawing closer to The Lord.

So like the Apostle Paul, we need to learn how to lean on The Lord and be content REGARDLESS of our situation.  Don't run from The Lord; run to Him!  Then, and only then, REGARDLESS of our present circumstance, can we say with confidence, "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:10-13 NIV

"I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:10-13 NIV

Be blessed my family & friends! As you continue to seek The Lord and His understanding, may He pour out His total favor over each and everyone of you!

Love you all!
Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment