Thursday, May 3, 2012

No Big Deal; No One Will Ever Know!

4:00 A.M. starts my day as I drag myself out of bed, trying to physic myself up for the work load that awaits me in the office. Well this morning seemed like every other morning; maybe a little more hectic than what I prefer; but I persevered.  Had morning devotions with my husband; watched the weather report & by 5:45 A.M. pushed myself out the door.  I work 30 miles away from home, so there is plenty of time to chat with the Lord; and chat I do.  Whatever is on my mind & heart, He hears about it; regardless if it’s good, bad or indifferent.  This morning as I talked to Him, I stared up at His beautiful skies; was soon captivated by its beauty; enthralled by His Majesty and just began to cry before His presence.
When I got to work, I noticed that my mascara had smeared a bit and so of course I stepped into the bathroom to cover up the smudges.  After a little more makeup, I looked in the mirror and thought, no big deal; no one will ever know I was crying this morning.”  Soon after, I noticed that one of my undergarments was actually turned inside out.  And without missing a beat, this time I actually blurted out loud, “No big deal; no one will ever know”.
Immediately the Holy Spirit showed me that as Christians, this is exactly how we respond to situations in our lives.  We don’t want others to know we have issues simply because we don’t want them to think badly or pass judgment on us or our situation. And so we all seem to have the ability to paste on a smile and wear a mask that yells out “ full of joy resides here”, while all along there may be a volcano ready to erupt on the inside of us. Yet, we go on day by day; acting like we’re ok; everyone else has the issues, but not me.  Poppy-cock!  At one time or another, everyone has their day and deals with issues in their lives.

Whether the situations are hidden or exposed to the world doesn’t matter to God.  Truth is; NOTHING is ever really hidden with Him. He knows all and sees all. We are reminded in Hebrews 4 that God’s Word is alive.  It’s sharper than any sword and it’s able to penetrate our very being; soul, spirit, joints & marrow. And it doesn’t stop there.  It judges our thoughts & hearts too. There is absolutely nothing that can be hidden from God; everything is revealed to Him; and one day, we will all be held accountable for our choices.  On the Day of Judgment, when we stand before Him, all areas of our lives will be completely exposed.  There won’t be a mask we can put on; no fake smile; absolutely nothing will be able to cover up things we thought were hidden. 

Maybe you have situations in your life and feel there is no one you can talk too; no one that would understand.  Let me encourage you that we serve a Master who has broad enough shoulders to handle anything you throw His way.  If you’re not comfortable getting real with others, just maybe it’s time you get real with God.

It’s simple.  Just “be yourself” and chat with the Lord like you would anyone else.  Don’t try to be someone you’re not.  The Lord desires a relationship with you! The real you!  And understand, He knows you better than you know yourself and He already has the answer you need.  Just ask Him and He’ll show you…if you really want the answer. Just a warning, it’s not always the answer we want; but His answer is always the right one.  Trust Him!

And remember Hebrews 4:12-16 (NIV) “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.  Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are —yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”  

It’s that simple folks!
Be blessed my family & friends and walk in the Lord’s total favor!!!!
Love you all,
Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment