Thursday, September 27, 2012

Omnipresent God

Monday morning started out extremely stressful as I headed up to London, Ontario in hopes for a successful outcome during a business meeting with our sister company and representatives from US & Canadian service providers.  Getting everyone on the same page; focusing on a great resolve for a “win” “win” outcome was my goal and it wasn’t going to be easy.  And if that wasn’t enough stress, my thoughts ran ramped as I remembered the last visit thru Canadian customs just a couple months ago as they not so lovingly directed me to immigrations for further questioning. 

Yet all along my mind kept jumping to our church prayer meeting that was scheduled for 6:30 later that evening.  All I kept saying is “Lord, I just want to get back to the US in plenty of time for our visit together at Your altar.  I tried to remain hopeful that I would return back soon enough to make it.  However, as the meeting continued thru mid-afternoon, it was clear I’d be pushing the time since we all decided to go out to lunch before heading back.  Every now & then I would glance at my watch and think…Ok…just might be able to make it and have my personal time with the Holy Spirit.  There’s just something about His altar and I love being in His presence with nothing else to hinder our intimate relationship.  
We finally headed back; feeling like the day was successful.  No issues at the border and meeting went well.  Once we crossed back to the US, we went our own way; yet I still had about 2 hour drive ahead of me in rush hour traffic.  Need I say more?
I did my best to get back in time...but as I drove on Interstate 696 I realized I was running out of time.  Now mind you, I pretty much chat with the Lord the whole time I’m driving anyway.  After all, it was just Him & me in my car and who better to talk too, right?  Yet my heart was broken that I’d be late and I cried out to God in desperation, "But I want to be at Your altar!"  Quite honestly, I was upset and my tears just ran down my face.  But as usual, the Holy Spirit, in His compassion, quickly and softly reminded me as He said, "I'm right here with you.  My altar is right where you are.”
I kept driving and immediately started to internalize what He had said.  And yes, although I was bummed about missing my prayer meeting at the actual altar I was used too, the drive home was sufficient for my situation and I still had my intimate time with the Lord. 
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”  Matthew 28:20 NIV
How; you may wonder? 
Very simple!
God is Omnipresent! He fills the universe in all its parts and is present everywhere at once. 
What are you waiting for my friend? 
Let me encourage you to take time and talk to the ONLY One that knows your ever thoughts.  I promise you that He will meet you right where you are at this very moment.  Deuteronomy 4:29 NIV tells us, “But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.
God is truly amazing! He is awesome! He is magnificent!
HE IS JESUS!!!!!

And I love Him with all my heart!!!!
Be blessed my family & friends!  I pray you walk in the Lord’s total favor!
Love you all!
Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment