Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Circumstances Are Nothing to God

Recently I’ve had to make some major decisions that could ultimately affect my life and my family.  I didn’t know which way to turn.  All I knew is that I needed a breakthrough.  I prayed & prayed and found no resolve.  Seemed like only trials & temptations kept springing up before me; confusing me even further.  It wasn’t until our church was called to fast & pray this past January that I started to see the breakthroughs I needed.  Oh, all the results I had hoped for didn’t come to pass; and certainly not the way I had anticipated.  However, I could see God’s hand working in ways that I didn’t expect. 
The first thing He did was to start working on ME; on my thinking, my actions; my heart.  He had to bring me to a place where all that mattered was Him and what He had in store for me personally; not my circumstances.  Truth is; until I was ready to face my own issues, there would be no resolve for other issues looming over my life.  During that time of praying & fasting I faced many trials and of course temptations that would challenge my faith; forcing me to ask myself if I really trusted God the way I claimed I did.   
Since that fast in January, I have felt led to fast & pray again in March.  Except the results this time was a bit different now that He had me back on the right track and was able to minister to me regarding my circumstances.  I was actually open to His direction.  The next thing I learned is that circumstances are nothing to God; yet I am everything to Him.
In Matthew 17, we hear about a man that needed a breakthrough; a healing for his son.  His son had epilepsy; and yet Jesus’ disciples were not successful in helping his son.  Not even Jesus’ disciples could help him!  These were men that were the closest to Jesus.  They were his running buddies to put it into more modern terms.   But fortunately for the man, the story doesn’t end there. When the man saw Jesus, he knelt down beside Him; begged for mercy and asked Jesus to heal his son.  Without hesitation; Jesus took authority over the situation, commanded the evil spirit to come out of the man’s son and within an hour, he was healed.
Matthew 17:19-21 (NKJV) Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?” So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.  However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.
Do you need a breakthrough; maybe a physical healing; a new job; family or marital restoration or possibly deliverance from temptations & sin?  Do you have a desire to serve God and allow Him to be Lord over your life; yet it seems regardless of all your efforts to serve Him, there are always trials or temptations that emerge in the face of adversity; trials that tempt you to take a different path than what God has laid before you?  Possibly a stumbling block you continually kick away; only to find it resurfacing time and time again.  It’s as if it taunts & tempts you to jump on board for a joy ride adventure!  Maybe you’ve even prayed and sought God; asking that He remove it forever; and still it lingers and rears its ugly head at your weakest moment;  leaving you to feel absolutely hopeless in an already bad situation.
Well, you’re not alone!  Everyone has experienced it at one time or another; and if other believers say they never struggle in this area, they aren’t being honest…with themselves.  Circumstances, trials & temptations come in various forms; and they come to everyone! 
If you’ve tried everything and nothing seems to have worked, what more do you have to lose but to do what God’s word tells us to do for a breakthrough? 
·         Fast & pray
·         Be open to God’s direction
·         Be ready for change; in you & in your circumstances
It’s that simple folks!
Be blessed my family & friends!
Walk in the Lord’s total favor!!!!
Love you all,
Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment